First, generate your 23andMe Gene Report by uploading your Raw Data to: https://livewello.com/snps
Then, share your #Livewello gene report with your Doctor (or anyone else):
- Go to your online gene variance report at: https://livewello.com/snps
- Just above the report there is a URL in a text box. Copy this URL and paste it into an email to your doctor
- When your Doctor (or anyone else) clicks on this link, they will be taken to a page which displays your report.
[They will be unable to view any other records in your Livewello account unless you shared it with them]
Communicating with your Doctor:
1. Learn more about the Gene after generating your report:
After generating your report click on any of the Genes in your report or the "i" icon in a Template. Livewello will link 8 Learning Resources directly to each of the Genes in your report. They are: Medline, GHR, Google Scholar, dbSNP, Ensembl, Wiki Genes, SNPedia and PubMed. If the info is not readily available, re-enter your gene name or health condition into that resource's search box to check if any further information is available there.
Information from each of these resources is composed to suit different styles of learning. Just copy and paste any useful info you find there, into the 'notes' or 'description' portion of your Gene Report. You can also print them directly.
The important thing to remember is that, whenever you see something that interests you, always copy and paste that information and its browser link into your description. Clicking on the "Edit Title and Description” button in a Gene Template, allows you to add any information you gather.
2. Generate a Gene report based on your Diagnosis or health conditions and share it with your Doctor too at: https://livewello.com/gwas
Follow the instructions above to save, then print this information.
With the *personalized nature of health care that the field of Genetics encourages, it is prudent to take your Gene Report to your Healthcare Practitioner once it is generated. Just like they would any other Lab Report. Your Health Practitioner will be privy to first hand knowledge of how your complete health history, symptoms, physical evaluation and the global picture that other relevant Lab results will have on you, as an individual.
We don't make anecdotal, blanket or personalized health recommendations for users. This is because, with over 600,000 SNPs in the human genome, genes express themselves entirely differently from one person to another. Our core mission for the Livewello Gene App lies in pairing accuracy in Variance reporting for a wider number of SNPs with an extensive resource for reliable information. Our goal is to democratize this reliable information by putting it at every user's finger tips.
3. Share the information in this **sample standard Gene Report which has some good overview information: https://livewello.com/snps/... Share it with your Doctor too.
*Remember: This sample report comes with only about 300 of the 600,000 SNPs in Livewello. This web application will give results for ALL the SNPs in your Raw Data that have rsIDs and Minor Alleles. The account needed to view the sample report is free.
4. Other things you should do with your 23andMe Raw Data: https://www.facebook.com/no...
5. Share all this information with your Healthcare Practitioners during your Appointment. Ask that it is added to your health records.
More resources to share with your Doctor:
a) Methylation Overview for Professionals
b) Information for Health Professionals
c) Methylation Defects in Autism Disorders By Cindy Schneider M.D. http://www.center4autism.or...
d) Neil Rawlins 4-Part Video on MTHFR: http://www.youtube.com/watc...
e) MTHFR Related Health Problems by Stephen Smith M.D. http://www.mindmeister.com/...
f) Heartfixer Online Dr. James Roberts: http://heartfixer.com/AMRI-...
How do I generate a report? 20 views
How do I share a profile? 20 views
How do I create a profile? 3 views
Where can I get information about Everything I Need to Know About My 23andMe Raw Data Results? 5 views