1) Let's treat all this stuff now! By and large, #supplements are probably some of the safest treatments you will ever find, particularly when one considers the side effects associated with most prescription medicines. However, every single thing that you take has benefits and drawbacks. Simply stated, this means that supplements should be treated as medication. When you consider that many of the #methylation defects require any number of vitamins, enzymes, and co-factors to work more efficiently, these replacements have a crucial purpose. Since #methylation is instrumental in so many reactions, from proper #immune system function and making new cells to filtering out #toxins and making #antioxidants , there will undoubtedly be consequences in getting them up and running after 5, 10, 20, 40, or 60+ years. These #genetic roadblocks and areas under construction are fairly rusty. Just think of them as you would a well lived in home and garage, which are now in need of a very hefty spring-cleaning. They are undoubtedly full of cobwebs, dust, and grime and are in need some serious washing. However, doing so all at once doesn’t work nearly as well with your body as it may for your home. When they abruptly start working, you quickly release a stream of #virus , #bacteria , #heavymetals , and other #toxins that take quite a toll on your physical and emotional welfare.
Detox should be very gradual and gentle so that you are able to remain functional and have some sense of wellbeing. Others feel that the faster you rip off the Band-Aid, the better it is. Though I would normally agree with this approach, until you have firsthand experience of what detox feels like, you should proceed with caution!
2) If a little is good then more is better! This is similar to the above pitfall but has its own problems due to using too many supplements to early and/or higher dosing. As already alluded to, I generally find that human nature dictates that we rush into things and this program is certainly no different. Nevertheless, just as you do not want to target some of the crucial defects right from the start or address multiple defects immediately, you also do not want to throw caution to the wind and start with larger doses of the supplements, RNA’s, and/or nucleotides. Those who do so tend to learn a harsher lesson and are often extremely hesitant to start new supplements later on. Why? Well, they’ve finally seen how yucky it is to experience a true blue detox. The #lethargy, #irritability , #fatigue , #headaches , and stomach upset aren’t particularly pleasant when you have to go to work or have kids to take care of from morning until night. Nor are they a welcome experience for a child who has to go to school or is expected to behave in therapy sessions. With this in mind, please take this process in a “slow but steady” sort of fashion and you will be much more likely to succeed.
3). Why do we have to start at the beginning?
Another very challenging area for most is building the necessary foundation. Though I have mentioned this before, this is a crucial part of the protocol and if played well, it will allow you to get through rougher times ahead. If you have already read some of the books and studies or received your test results, you probably feel completely overwhelmed with the seemingly never-ending list of beneficial supplements. Some dive in completely, buying a truckload of supplements without understanding their relevance, while others are paralyzed by fear, having discovered a new level of inertia they never thought possible. My major objective is to provide a stepwise approach while emphasizing the most beneficial supplements for you or your child. In stating this, I do not mean to imply that other treatments would not be favorable or that you won’t require more supports later on. It is simply my way of streamlining this process for you and picking the best of both worlds without going overboard and sending you into bankruptcy!
It is most crucial in supporting your body and replenishing nutritional and chemical deficiencies. Oftentimes, in merely providing this support, you may have substantial improvement. In fact, in using a good foundation, it is not uncommon for those with milder illnesses and/or disorders to experience near recovery. Still, to stop at that is simply treating the symptoms without addressing the underlying cause, a temporary fix indeed. When we consider the simple interventions of providing glucose and insulin for the diabetic, we can easily appreciate how essential the basic chemicals are for function as well as survival.
Moreover, the initial steps assist us in weathering the natural #detoxification that follows #methylation support. Make no mistake about it; this phase is crucial for whole system maintenance and optimal organ and #neurological function, yet it is indispensible for supporting and easing you through detox later on. For instance, if you are deficient in key #minerals such as #magnesium and #potassium and you are on several advanced #supplements that induce detox, you will lose many more #minerals , thus having much more #fatigue and lethargy. This also leads to problems with memory and not thinking as clearly. In the end, whether its owing to impatience, your specific health goals, or financial and/or time constraints, skipping the general support almost always comes back to haunt you.
And finally, remember to take stock of your progress so that you remember this later on! Maintain a very brief logbook in order to track any decline or improvements. We readily adapt to improvements and many cannot appreciate just how far they’ve come.
Example of a monthly/weekly logbook for ease of comparison the next month
Fatigue 6 (was 8/10) Dizziness/lightheaded 4-5
Anxiety 4-5 (was 9/10)
Muscle weakness 6-8 (was 3/10)
Gut problems 2 (was 7/10)
#OCD #perseverative behavior 10/10
#Tics #Stims 5-6 (was 8-9/10)
#Insomnia #Sleep issues 4-5 (was 8-9/10)
Switched to liquid methyl B-12
Reduced active folate as suggested
Seems better with #Anxiety RNA
Seems worse/better with less protein
Seems better with digestive enzymes
Worse with ? Event or supplement
Vocal tics much better on Cytokine RNA Able to nap or better sleep at night.
Common symptoms of “detox” or “Start up”
While detox can occur with almost any support, there’s no need to provide heavy supplementation early on. We have plenty of time to layer in a foundation in order to avoid such symptoms.
Any of these may occur with new supplementation since the support will allow several biochemistry systems within the body to work more effectively & efficiently. They typically start to function in ways that lead to “spring cleaning,” which means cleaning up many toxins, heavy metals, virus, bacteria, etc. Oftentimes, the immune system is triggered throughout this process and symptoms usually occur—sore throat, chills, feeling hot & cold, poor sleep, loose stools, rashes, etc. These symptoms are temporary yet if highly uncomfortable, it’s best to reduce the doses to lessen the outcome. A good rule of thumb is to avoid starting more than 1-2 supplements at a time, particularly for those who are sensitive.
• Sore throat
• Rashes (peri-anal and genital lesions/rashes are common as well)
• Very dark urine or cloudy urine
• Unusual odor to urine & stools
• More aches & pains
• Headaches, "heavy head," "heavy-feeling headaches"
• Alternating periods of mental "fuzziness" and greater mental clarity—unable to think clearly or focus and absorb information. This also occurs with high ammonia (brain fog)
• Word groping—“senior moments”, you just can’t think of that simple word
• Feeling "muggy-headed," "blah," or sick in the morning.
• Fleeting symptoms (hours or a few days) of illness with lethargy or flu-like symptoms
• Fleeting sense (hours or a few days) of fatigue, waxing and waning fatigue, and/or feeling weaker and sluggish • Dizziness/lightheadedness
• Irritability or volatility—moods may go up & down
• Sensation of "brain firing: wired or "brain moving very fast"
• Depression, apathy, feeling overwhelmed, strong emotions such as anger or crying
Is there a guide to Holistic Heal and Amy Yasko supplements ? I have my test results, any basic supplement recommendations ? 10 views