1. Start eating 'clean'. Organic, non-GMO home made meals should become a priority. Eliminating #gluten and dairy to relieve your body from the burden of processing them should also begin.
2. Avoid taking any extra Folic Acid. There is already a lot of it in the nation's food supply, as it is added to [fortified] to many processed foods. If a person has the #MTHFR mutations then #L-Methyl Folate is the better choice. Choose this #supplement carefully.
Folic Acid will get turned into #Dihydrofolate and will be all gone, except for any more you may eat due to eating many fortified cereals and bread products. The amount of Folic Acid floating around in the blood stream needs to be less than the L-Methyl Folate. It is a matter of concentration or ratio that matters the most.
A little #FolicAcid will not be a problem. The problems occur when the amount of Folic Acid outweighs the availability of #L-Methyl Folate regarding the BRAIN since Folic Acid blocks up the L-Methyl Folate [ #5-MTHF ] Folate Receptor Alpha receptors and prevents the real thing [5-MTHF] from getting into the brain. The rest of the body doesn't suffer from too much Folic Acid....only the brain.
Those with two copies of MTHFR C677T or one copy of each [MTHFR C677T/A1298C] will be the people who are the least able to make adequate amounts of L-Methyl Folate, but if the ratio of Folic ACID to L-Methyl Folate is incorrect...meaning too much Folic ACID relative to L-Methyl Folate, the excess Folic ACID will bother EVERYONE's BRAIN ENTRY OF L-Methyl Folate.
3. Getting the #23andMe testing done and then getting a variance report from an application such as geneticgenie or #livewello would be a wise thing to do.
4. Generally per #Supplements avoid muti-vitamins as they almost all have Folic ACID in them. Take each individual supplement as a separate supplement and avoid mixtures.
5. A little bit of #Zinc Picolinate , #Lithium Oratate would be fine for just about everybody to take, as they is not found in adequate amounts in our food supplies because the farm soils have become depleted in most areas.
6. Do a lot of reading and find an experienced Dr to work with.
How do I generate a report? 20 views
How do I share a profile? 20 views
How do I create a profile? 3 views
Where can I get information about Everything I Need to Know About My 23andMe Raw Data Results? 5 views