1. BEFORE reading the articles to help prevent miscarriages below PLEASE Keep this in Mind:
Whenever reading articles about folic acid supplementation.. the MOST important thing is to ingest the RIGHT FORM which is FOLATE:
AKA. ... L-Methyl Folate [5-MTHF].------NOT SYNTHETIC = folic acid.
Some of the names for the GOOD L-methyl folate include:
1. 5-L Methyltetrahydrofolate
4. N5-methyl FH4 ----------All of the four terms mean exactly the same thing.
Here's the LINK discussing the RISK of CANCER when taking excess FOLIC Acid.---and why it's so important to get FOLATE instead. http://chriskresser.com/fol...
2. It is wise to find a practitioner who is well versed in the MTHFR and related genes to make sure all the ----Nutritional needs are met before and during and after pregnancy specific to their genomes. Here are links that may help:
3. The Genetic links regarding miscarriages : Note the 2 studies at the bottom:
Both LOW folate can cause miscarriages. Yet Excess FOLIC acid can cause miscarriages.
( I suspect that the wrong type of folate/folic acid may be contributing to the second study results? )
4.. " Treatment for Antiphospholipid Antibodies ( to prevent miscarriages )
Antiphospholipid antibodies are treated with low dose (baby) aspirin and a blood thinner called Heparin. Heparin is a very large molecule and is unable to cross the placenta. Aspirin is able to cross the placenta but the dose used is so small that the fetus is unaffected. The effectiveness of treatment is much greater when the medication, if indicated, is started prior to conception and continued throughout the pregnancy. All medication, if indicated should be discussed with one's physician.
Treatment of Inherited Thrombophilias
A combination of low-dose aspirin plus low molecular weight heparin injections is used to treat the inherited thrombophilias. The therapy starts before pregnancy occurs, and continued four to six weeks after birth. Folic acid ( folate) supplementation is given to patients with the MTHFR gene mutation.
Treatment for Blocking Antibodies
Two treatments have been offered for low blocking antibody levels: paternal white cell immunizations and IVIg. Immunizing the mother with concentrates of the father's white blood cells amplifies the HLA signal. Approximately 50% of patients have a discernible increase in the blocking antibody level after 2 treatments. The other 50% require additional white cell immunizations. To determine if additional preparations will be required, the blocking antibody level should be measured 3 to 4 weeks after the second and all subsequent immunizations. When blocking levels are elevated, prior to conception, the rate of successful pregnancy is nearly 80%. ---Table 2: Success rate with varying treatment modalities in women with history of RSA "
See more: http://www.rialab.com/misca...
5. Get Progesterone levels tested: This site has reliable testing.
"Columbia Laboratories recently sold the rights to its line of progesterone gel products such as Crinone® to Watson Pharmaceuticals. Crinone is a progesterone gel used to prevent miscarriage. The progesterone gel used in the preterm birth study is a Watson product named PROCHIEVE®.
6. You may want to join a blog .. there are many on the net.. This is just one :http://community.babycenter...
7. Address your emotional needs.. and fear of bleeding and miscarriage can be helped with EFT , Prayer and other natural choices.
http://www.eftuniverse.com/... Here is the RESEARCH about EFT.. http://www.theeftcentre.com...
NOTE: This video shows via a microscope how our blood changes from unhealthy coagulated / clumpy blood ----to flowing healthy blood after EFT. http://www.youtube.com/watc...