Summary of analogies used in methylation community: CEOs: Directs each corporation in organized steps
Supervisors: Enzymes such as MTHFRs, COMT, SHMT, and BHMT
Enzymes are proteins that are produced by living cells and regulate the body’s process to breakdown products, such as ammonia.
Employees: Chemicals, proteins, DNA, etc.
Work tags: Methyl groups (Homocysteine, SAM, Methionine) The Chain Gang: Homocysteine (HCY)
Synopsis of the Cycles
1). Power Plant = Citric Acid Cycle =
Formerly known as the Kreb’s cycle) Recognized as the mitochondrial or energy cycle
2). Garbage Dump (& Recycling) =
The urea cycle, ammonia cleanup & nitric oxide production (heart/blood vessel protection)
3). Better Health 4 Life Corp (BH4) = Communications “AT&T” & toxic waste cleanup Neurotalkers: Dopamine, Serotonin, & Norepi
4). SAM’s Corp. = Methionine Cycle =
The major producer of methyl donors and the passageway to the garbage dump (NOS) & liver via the CBS enzyme
5). Farmer Folate = Folate Cycle =
Homegrown” RNA & DNA, methyl groups and Homocysteine (HCY) regulation
The Meaning of Methylation
Methylation is truly a multi-tasking marvel that allows us to be “healthy and human.” Though this highly intricate process occurs within each cell as well as in the fluid supplying the brain and within the liver, it is responsible for the most vital undertakings throughout body chemistry. Methylation determines who we are, what we look like, and how we behave and it is central to our physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing. Without methylation, we could not survive; hence, it is the perfect pathway to focus on for understanding autoimmune ... ..more
Urine & stool changes throughout #detoxification . Oftentimes, the urine will change in color and/or clarity as you layer in important cofactors and #methyl groups. The following rules typically apply and if in doubt, obtain a UTM/UEE or fecal metals. Bear in mind that #cadmium precedes lead whereas #nickel often precedes #mercury. You may also see high cadmium levels due to the presence of #HPylori. Moreover, high viral #titers tend to coincide with the presence of heavy metals. Dr. Yasko has found that in some cases, the mercury and other metals were not eliminated (even with chelation therapy) until the ... ..more
What does it mean to "spare dopamine"? As mentioned in the above COMT discussion. Not use it? Not create it? ..more
Although every living being requires oxygen for survival, oxygen is actually highly reactive and can damage living organisms by producing reactive oxygen species. In people, these unstable oxygen molecules occur with everyday living, during the normal breakdown of food or even as the #immune system is activated to fight off #bacteria & #virus. Other exposures include: smoking, using drugs or drinking too much alcohol, eating fried foods and refined sugars, air & water pollution, consuming #excitotoxins (MSG), dyes, toxic preservatives, and pesticides, as well as countless other contaminants that lead to widespread free radical damage, particularly once the body’s natural #antioxidants ... ..more
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼What does this process look like when it’s broken? After reading the following, you will be able to envision the implications of defects or mutations. The following is an example of the health problems that might occur.
1. Poor nerve function leads to muscle twitching, numbness, and weakness yet misfires can cause seizures, fatigue, memory loss, word groping, clumsiness (with falls & injuries), and visual or hearing loss in those with MS, CFS/ME, or Autism Spectrum Disorders.
2. Depending on the neuro-talker, imbalances often lead to a variety of disorders including: depression, anxiety, panic attacks, irritability, mood swings, OCD ... ..more
This gene encodes the alpha chain of the interleukin-4 receptor, a type I transmembrane protein that can bind interleukin 4 and interleukin 13 to regulate IgE production. The encoded protein also can bind interleukin 4 to promote differentiation of Th2 cells. A soluble form of the encoded protein can be produced by proteolysis of the membrane-bound protein, and this soluble form can inhibit IL4-mediated cell proliferation and IL5 upregulation by T-cells. Allelic variations in this gene have been associated with atopy, a condition that can manifest itself as allergic rhinitis, #sinusitus , #asthma , or #eczema . Polymorphisms in this #gene are also ... ..more
To learn more about COMT Gene:
Dr. Richard Deth PhD
Dr. Jill James PhD
1) http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.ed... (2006 lectures, please scroll down for oxidative Stress Lecture as well).
2) http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.ed... (2010 Lecture Methylation/Oxidative stress). http://www.youtube.com/watc...
For some, heavy metals, virus and other toxins and pathogens are a significant factor. As you move through the adding in the foundation and methylation supports, many supports will aid in the release of considerable amounts of mercury, aluminum, virus, and other harmful substances. Still, some have a much higher toxic burden than others and will require more aggressive measures.
Rather than utilizing aggressive methods, apply less intensive measures that will generally accomplish this goal.
Nevertheless, if you have rigorously worked through the protocol and find that you have not reached your goal, this is the time to consider:
Natural ... ..more
1) Let's treat all this stuff now! By and large, #supplements are probably some of the safest treatments you will ever find, particularly when one considers the side effects associated with most prescription medicines. However, every single thing that you take has benefits and drawbacks. Simply stated, this means that supplements should be treated as medication. When you consider that many of the #methylation defects require any number of vitamins, enzymes, and co-factors to work more efficiently, these replacements have a crucial purpose. Since #methylation is instrumental in so many reactions, from proper #immune system function and making new ... ..more